Friday, March 27, 2009

Sprung


 Spring has sprung in So Cal!! The scent of orange blossoms is in the air (achoo!), and the top is down on my bug (vintage 1979 black on black). Yeah, baby!

I've been making progress on my various knitting projects. My nephew's blanket is almost finished. I just need to add the tassels here and complete the edging on the other end.

I cast on my first sock for the Hogwarts Sock Swap 5. *SPOILER ALERT!* Maran, if you are reading, scroll down with your eyes closed!!












It' s the Blackrose sock pattern. I'm 4 rows away from starting the heel flap, and then it's into uncharted territory! I'll have to YouTube how to turn a heel. So far, so good, though. I had some issues with sizing, but it's all good now. And I ADORE the yarn. It's the Gryffindor colorway from Shelby B's Designs. Her work is outstanding!

I've been invited (upon acceptance) to share a table with a friend of mine at the Art in the Park craft show Mother's Day weekend.  I'm going to branch out from my felted clutches into sewn purses, too. There are so many fantastic fabrics out there now!! Here is a sneak peek:


The pattern is from the 70's, given to me by a friend in my pilates reformer class. I plan to adapt this and the messenger bag pattern also included, as well as make a few of my own patterns for wallets and smaller purses.

Lastly, my first foray into gluten - free baking:


This is the Irish Soda Bread recipe from Karina's Kitchen. It. Is. Delicious!!! My friend Natalie and I both agree that it's better than my gluten - full recipe. I'll admit, I used eggs and buttermilk, which I only tolerate in minimal amounts every few days. Still, I did fine with it and almost cried for having actual, real, tasty bread again! Can I get an amen, people?

1 comment:

  1. the blanket looks beautiful! check out your sock!!!! awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete